Madelia Municipal Light & Power is now accepting applications for the position of General Manager.
Madelia Municipal Light & Power (MMLP) is a municipally owned electric utility serving the City of Madelia. Located in South Central MN, Madelia is a thriving community with a population of just over 2300. For further information about Madelia visit madeliamn.com. MMLP has approx. 1200 meters, an average demand of 4.5 MW, over 4 million dollars in retail sales, and a 11.5 MW diesel generation plant. MMLP is governed by the MMLP Commission, with members appointed by the City Council. MMLP purchases wholesale power from Heartland Consumer Power District and is a member of the MN Municipal Utilities Association and the American Public Power Association.
As MMLP General Manager, your management and leadership experience will be put to work to positively impact the success of our operations. You will facilitate, plan, organize, direct and control the activities and processes of our electric utility operations in accordance to federal and state laws, rules and regulations within a growing community. Reporting to the MMLP Commission, this high-level, hands-on role is responsible for setting and implementing the company strategy for engineering, accounting, quality, human resources, customer service, and IT. With 7 employees, your leadership will effectively steer our team to exemplary performance and service to our community. You will wear many hats and will need to think and execute like a small business owner, yet within the guidelines of a locally controlled, governmental agency.
• 5+ years of business management or general operations experience, preferably with a leadership role within an electric utility.
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, finance, engineering, or operations. MBA preferred.
• Confident leader and effective communicator that knows how to build consensus inside and outside the organization.
• Embraces people management by effectively directing, developing and mentoring team members.
• Relevant experience effectively working with governing bodies.
• Experience with electric utilities management, and/or electric related business management a plus.
• Experience developing and managing budgets with a high level of responsibility and accountability for all operations.
• Practical understanding of how governmental entities operate from a governing and compliance perspective.
• Practical understanding of electric construction project management or relevant experience in related construction is preferable.
• Critical thinking and sound judgment that can be effectively applied to strategy and execution.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Madelia Municipal Light & Power will reward your management and leadership talents with an attractive compensation package based on your experience and qualifications. Your benefit package also includes medical insurance, retirement plan, sick and vacation leave. This position will remain open until filled with priority given to resumes received prior to November 16th.
To learn more about this position, submit a resume, or request a full job description please contact:
Jim Maras, General Manager
Madelia Municipal Light & Power
24 Abbot Ave SW, Madelia MN, 56062