All building projects, including driveway slabs, sidewalks, and landscaping, MUST have a building permit with the City of Madelia. The Water Supervisor maintains all curbs stops (City Code §50.02). If curb stops are covered or damaged from any type of landscape or cement work, it will be at the owner’s expense for any repairs or replacements. Stops are supposed to be even with the ground or cement – if not, they are a tripping hazard! Also, be sure to call before you dig – Gopher State One Call: 800-252-1166.

Building Permit application forms can be found on our website or at City Hall.